Monday, June 14, 2010

KINKY FRIEDMAN ENDORSEMENT


On Saturday, June 12, Kinky Friedman addressed the Texas Libertarian Party State Convention during a luncheon for all delegates and attendees. True to form, Mr. Friedman had some very amusing things to say about the Republican candidate for Governor, Rick Perry, as well as the Democrat candidate, Bill White.

"I really think the Democrats and the Republicans have become the same guy, admiring themselves in the mirror. Rick Perry and Bill White — it's like the lesser of two boll weevils. This is the classic choice between paper or plastic. I think the day has come for the Libertarians."

You have to love Kinky...

His final words, however, were the most meaningful for yours truly, "Where's Robert Nowotny?"

Upon standing up before the entire Convention, Kinky pointed to me and declared, "Robert is a good man. We Hill Country guys have to stick together. He is an excellent candidate and I support him."

Thank you Kinky -- your endorsement means a lot to me.

For anyone who questions my ability to win this election I refer again to Kinky: "Why the Hell not?"

Why the Hell not, indeed.

1 comment: