Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"VOTE -- AND VOTE OFTEN"

Welcome to the Texas Legislature...

During my campaign I visited all four counties comprising Texas House District 73 multiple times. As a result, I met literally hundreds of people along the way, and I must say that the majority embraced my Campaign Slogan: "I'm mad as Hell... and I bet you are, too!" even if they didn't vote for me.

Of all the things to be legitimately mad about, the citizens of the Texas Hill Country showed overwhelming indignation to one activity in particular: Voting Fraud in the Texas Legislature as reported by the Austin CBS affiliate, KEYE-TV. For those of you who have not seen this video, please take a few minutes to watch. (Be advised, the actions taken by your State Representatives are more than reprehensible.)

Had I been elected I would have been the loudest whistle-blower imaginable. Any State Representative who I saw voting on behalf of an absent colleague would have been called out publicly -- loud and clear. Make no mistake, given the opportunity I would have personally contacted every media outlet available to me on every occasion this contemptible practice occurred.

Believe me, the Foghorn at Matagorda Bay isn't as loud as I would have been. My sincere wish is that someone speaks up this time around.





"Thou shalt not steal...even by majority vote."
(Gary North)

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, the video from KEYE-TV has been taken down and is no longer available. Not surprising, since it clearly showed a number of legislators going to the table of absent colleagues and voting for them in their absence...a reprehensible practice that continues to this day.

    ReplyDelete