Monday, August 9, 2010
Mark Rutherford is the Libertarian Party National Vice Chair. Mark recently announced his personal list of the TOP 75 Libertarian Candidates running for election nationwide in 2010. I am very pleased to report that my campaign is on this prestigious list.
Besides identifying his Top 75 from a national perspective, Mark also addressed his assessment of how each state is performing.
Here's what Mark wrote about Texas:
As Libertarian Party National Vice Chair - I hear a lot about campaigns across the nation. A lot of good reports come from Texas.
The Texas Libertarian Party has really grown over the last six years, and is running very good candidates, and lots of them.
Here are some candidates and campaigns in Texas in which I'm hearing some good things:
1. John Jay Meyers 32 US House www.johnjaymyers.com 214-824-4150
2. David Smith 2 US House www.dsmithforcongress.com 832-329-5313
3. Robert Nowotny for State Rep 73 www.needtovote.com 830-228-5950
4. Jim Prindle 4 US House www.prindleforcongress 214-909-2311
5. Bruce West 8 US House www.brucewestforcongress.com 281-622-0732
6. Jim Strohm 21 US House www.strohmforcongress.com 713-242-8691
7. Jim Stutsman 25 US House 512-797-3905
8. Ed Mishou 27 US House 956-541-7091
There are 160 Libertarian candidates running for office in Texas -- and to be among the eight chosen by Mark is extremely gratifying.
Of course, none of the recognition I have received over the past month or two would be possible without the tremendous support of a whole lot of people -- family, old friends and a whole bunch of new friends as well. And so I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for all they have done and continue to do. Together, we can make history as I become the first Libertarian candidate elected to the Legislature in the Lone Star State!
There will be more "news" posted soon, so please check back frequently.